The original French “parfait” is a rich dessert made from eggs, cream and fruit. Here we have given it a healthy twist by making it entirely of fruit. You can use it for a light breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Looks very posh and is full with the goodness of colourful phytonutrients. Use any seasonal coloured fruit. You could use strawberries, cherries, blueberries, raspberries. It’s good to use a pulpy fruit and not a very watery one like melons as they might leak into the layers.
This recipe is from our book, Guilt-free Vegan Cookbook and the picture is by Anshika Verma.
Delectable Vegan Fruit Parfait Recipe
- 1 cup chopped papaya
- 1 cup chopped mango or strawberries
- 1 cup chopped banana
- ½ cup kiwi fruit
- Sprig of mint for garnish
- Blend each fruit separately, washing the jar in-between.
- Layer in a fancy glass in 3-4 different coloured layers.
- Decorate with a sprig of mint and serve chilled.