- Reinventing the body, Resurrecting the soul. ~ Deepak Chopra
- How Not to Die ~ Dr. Michael Greger
- World Peace Diet ~ Will Tuttle
- Eat to Live ~ Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- The China Study ~ T. Colin Campbell
- Whole ~ T. Colin Campbell
- Reversing Diabetes ~ Dr. Neal Barnard , M.D.
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease ~ Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, M.D.
- The Starch Solution ~ Dr. John McDougall, M.D.
- Healthy at 100 ~ John Robbins
- No Sweat ~ Michelle Segar
- Super Genes ~ Deepak Chopra
- Vegan Video Life Connected – A life affirming video explaining the main reasons for going vegan and how this lifestyle supports your health, the planet and other beings.
- PETA Glass Walls – Truth as a bitter pill that we need to be aware about. Hard to watch but needs to be seen once. Commentary by Madhavan.
- Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death – Dr. Michael Greger is an entertaining presenter who shares scientific research information in an easy-to-understand format.
- The Last Heart Attack by CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta – How to prevent heart attacks and reverse heart disease.
- Horrors in the Indian Dairy Industry – Hard to watch but reveals the dark truths that are hidden from us by the dairy industry. If you find it hard to watch, you can read Dark and Dairy published by The Hindu.
- The Plastic Cow – The real state of the “Holy Cow” and how it is affected by single use plastic bags and that we discard without a thought.
- Toxic Food, Poison on our plate? – Satyamev Jayate brings a comprehensive show covering all aspects of pesticides, organic food, health and the states that are at the forefront of this issue.
- How to Go Vegan Overnight – A quick 5 minute watch about converting to a vegan lifestyle starting with your diet.
- SHARAN’s YouTube Channel
- Forks over Knives – This is the seminal film about why a plant-based diet is so critical for our health. Most of the famous plant-based doctors are interviewed in this film.
- Cowspiracy, The Sustainability Secret – An eye opening film about the impact of our food choices on the planet.
- May I be Frank? – A hilarious and emotional account of an overweight and sick man who transforms his life by changing his diet, lifestyle and emotional patterns..
- Hungry for Change – A film about holistic living. It reveals the secrets of the processed food and diet industries and their adverse impact on our health.
- Vegucated – A basic education about what is vegan.
- Earthlings – A shocking film about how we treat animals for food, clothing, entertainment and experimentation.
- Plant Pure Nation – A film about plant based nutrition and the American health crisis.
- Home – A breathtaking film about what we are doing to our planet. Stunning aerial images of our collective “Home”
- What the bleep do we know? – A fascinating film that shows that we really know very little and about the mystical wonder of life.
My favourite podcast station is Inspire Nation Show with Michael Sandler. Some recommended episodes are below:
Dr. Gregor (MD) – Dr. Greger’s on a mission to cure heart disease, diabetes, cancer, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, depression, & more By updating What We Eat! Hear this fascinating interview filled with science-based nutrition tips
Dr. John McDougall (MD) – Dr. McDougall is a very senior doctor in plant-based medicine. He has written several bestsellers. He speaks about changing from a meat based diet to a starch-based (complex, unrefined carbohydrate diet).
T. Colin Campbell (PhD) – If you’ve wondered why we’re getting sicker and unhealthier, despite the latest in medicine, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, DNA testing, diets and supplements, then this show is for you. His legacy, the China-Cornell-Oxford Project, has been acknowledged as the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted.
Dr. Joel Fuhrman – An anti-diet expert, and he’s one of Americans leading nutrition experts. He will talk about all kinds of diets – Atkins, Low Carb, High Fat, Ketone, Vegan, Paleo, Wheat Belly, and tell you how to end the madness.
- Washing powder and dish cleaners – Krya
- Soaps and Personal Care Products – Burst of Happyness
- Re-usable Cloth Menstrual Pads – Ecofemme
- Menstrual Cup – Silky Cup, She Cup Also available on Amazon.in
- Natural organic hair colour – Many brands on this site
Guilt Free Vegan Cookbook
This book will show you how you can eat delicious AND healthy at the same time! The recipes are simple, easy to cook and many require few ingredients that are commonly found in every kitchen.
This hard cover book with stunning photographs offers 108 delicious recipes covering a range of cuisines. It features healthy beverages, soups, salads, mains, sides and desserts – free of sugar, gluten, oil and dairy. These whole plant-based recipes have been known to prevent and reverse lifestyle diseases and are also great for weight-loss.