A very easy to make recipe for the month of love. I didn’t notice before that strawberries are in full season during February. No wonder they are so popular in Valentine themed desserts.
For the Base
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates/ dried figs
- Pinch of salt
For the Filling
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup yellow raisins soaked overnight
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp agar agar powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced strawberries for decoration
- In a food processor, grind the almonds coarsely. Add in the dates and salt and grind till it all sticks together. In a spring form pan, spread some parchment paper and press down the base firmly and refrigerate for minimum 30 mins.
- Drain the cashews and raisins and blend all the filling ingredients together.
- Optional Step – For a firmer and cooked version add the agar agar in 1 cup water and bring to the boil for 2-3 mins till thick. Add the filling ingredients and stir continuously till the first boil. Switch off heat. Do the next step immediately as the mixture will start setting immediately.
- Pour the filling over the refrigerated base, decorate with strawberries and chocolate chips and refrigerate again.
- For the raw version, you may need to freeze the cheesecake to make it firm.